If you’re proud to be a Treesister, why not share it with the world? You can take a picture of yourself with an ‘I am a Treesister’ sign, or use our image template to create a new social media profile picture or post, like this image of Bobbi! Here are instructions on how to use our template:
When you post your photo, don’t forget to use the hashtag #IAmATreesister. You could also write a few sentences about why you’re a Treesister! Please also let your friends know about our Journey to a Billion Trees by including the link: https://billiontrees.me.
Voices from the Sisterhood
Hover over the treesister images to read their stories!
- “When I discovered and learned about the work and mission of TreeSisters I felt an immediate and visceral reaction in my body. My soul came bursting to life and from deep within my belly a power began to vibrate with a strength that I have not quite felt before, not in all of my activist days. It is potent and powerful.” ~ Alexa Major, TreeSisters Volunteer, Maryland, USA
- “The money we receive from planting trees is promoting our families. We are not all that poor anymore and we have improved our living standard… Women never surrender. Even if there’s money or not, the fact remains that we are here to plant trees for the benefit of all.” ~ Amastasia Mjoki Mjagi, Tree Planter, Mount Kenya
- “TreeSisters gave me the power to GET UP when I found my spirit absolutely broken, at my emotional bottom, hopeless… TreeSisters gave me the power to get up and go on, despite it all… to just go on, and keep on going on. Seeding change and insisting on reforestation, in these dark times, is now, more than ever, vital to the future of our species.” ~ Hildur Pals, Volunteer and Treesister, Port Washington NY, USA
- “For me becoming a TreeSister was a no brainer. When I first discovered the TreeSister vision, the truth of it sent a shiver through my soul and I burst into tears. For years I have been consciously doing my bit to save the planet but for the first time I feel it’s actually possible. We are not just restoring the forests we are pioneering a new paradigm rooted in service, love and interconnectedness.” ~ Kamini, Treesister, Devon, UK
- “The work of TreeSisters opens my heart into hopefulness. We live in a time when compassionate feminine values must guide our actions on planet Earth. We live in a time when women who see the sanctity of life and the great needs for healing must stand together in loving solidarity with one another and the natural world. May this work grow!” ~ Chara Armon, Treesister, USA
- “TreeSisters teachings about Feminine Nature Based Leadership / being a Restorer Species confirmed and inspired me to believe in our power to change the tide and begin a new path forward.” ~ Ruth Ford, Treesister, Hitchin UK
- “I love the Standing Ones, and right now, the western forests are on fire. We need to restore them. They are our breath, as we are theirs… As I sit here in the smoke from the wildfires, I realize what it’s like to be oxygen depleted… We need to replant right away.” ~ Robin Youngblood, Treesister, Arlington USA
- “[In our Grove] we offer adult literacy to the women who can’t read and write – dancing and acting – teaching the women about their rights and effects of domestic violence – for the HIV+ Sisters, we counsel them and refer them to the medical facilities for ARVs – during the rainy season, we give out trees for planting, one woman one tree – for single mothers we teach them tailoring skills – we teach them credit and savings… There is a saying that goes “women move the world”. And we don’t only believe in moving the world, BUT also preserve and sustain it.” ~ Phionah, Grove Tender, Uganda
- “It breaks my heart to see what we are doing to the earth and all of the creatures on it… To have an organization like TreeSisters to belong to where we are actually making a difference has lifted some of the heaviness and helplessness from my heart.” ~ Mary D’Angelo, Grove Tender, Rochester, New York, USA
- I am a Treesister because I love our natural world, and I often feel despair at so much destruction going on. TreeSisters gives me great hope, it reinstalls my belief that we can love and nurture our world back into balance. I believe in women, and know the feminine energy (in men too) naturally wants to care and nurture, and if we can build it up in our culture, we’ll be many steps further ahead in our relationship with our natural world, and in restoring balance.
~ Jane Welsh, Treesister
- I was born a Treesister,
connected to Earth, Sky, Self,
embraced by Spirit,
embedded in All that is.
Destined to forget my roots,
as all humans do,
I got lost along the way;
Not because of failure or mistake,
but simply because my heart
chose to expand.
So, here I am.
I have grieved my losses,
put my feet back on the ground
and finally remembered
my way home.
I am a Treesister, always
connected to Earth, Sky, Self,
embraced by Spirit,
loving All that is.
~ Marianne Servais, Treesister
- When I heard Clare Dubois from TreeSisters talk about that we are the first generation that can end world hunger and the last generation to do anything about climate change, something in me changed. I realized I couldn’t wait. I was done making excuses for myself, done waiting for approval.
We need every poet, every artist, every musician and dancer to use their talent to speak up for the trees, for each other, for our children’s children.
I can’t let my fear of not being good enough, of being too much, of what people may think, hold me down.
~ Resmiranda, Treesister